Where are inclusionary housing programs located across the country? What are the characteristics and impact of these programs? And what is the state legal context regarding adoption of local inclusionary housing programs? The Inclusionary Housing Map & Program Database is the only place where you can:
- Learn more about the distribution of inclusionary housing programs
- Identify features and trends in inclusionary housing programs
- Find other programs just like yours
- Identify states that are in favor of inclusionary housing programs
- Access datasets on inclusionary housing programs
The Inclusionary Housing Program Database includes two surveys:
- A national census of local inclusionary housing programs that was conducted from 2018 to 2020 by Grounded Solutions Network and was updated thereafter
- A national survey of state-level legislation and judicial decisions that are related to the adoption of local inclusionary housing programs.
The two surveys represent efforts to compile complete national data on Inclusionary Housing programs at two specific points in time. However, it is possible that the surveys missed programs, particularly small programs or voluntary programs that go by another name, such as “density bonus policy.” Furthermore, policies are updated or newly enacted frequently. We rely on users to keep the map data fresh and accurate.
For more information about the local database, read the report and the academic journal article (open access).
Use this form to ask questions or to suggest adding/updating an inclusionary housing program.
Read a glossary of the Inclusionary Housing Map & Program Database.
Inclusionary Housing Map
- Explore where Inclusionary Housing programs are across the country
- Explore detailed program information
Inclusionary Housing Program Database
- Identify historic and current trends in Inclusionary Housing programs
- Manipulate datasets to pull specific statistics for publications